Choosing A Plastic Surgeon For Your Cosmetic Surgery
When it comes to having surgery – whether cosmetic or not – choosing your surgeon is perhaps the most important decision you’ll need to make. In the hands of a reputable plastic surgeon, patients can enjoy stunning, long-lasting, and natural-looking results, which may not be possible otherwise. The expert team of plastic surgeons at Austin-Weston, The Center for Cosmetic Surgery has many decades worth of combined experience in even the most complex cases and has helped men and women all over Northern Virginia achieve their ultimate aesthetic goals. Use these important tips for selecting a plastic surgeon to ensure your best chance for a successful procedure and gorgeous outcome.
How to choose the best plastic surgeon in Northern Virginia
Because cosmetic surgery is such a personal matter, what’s “best” for one patient may not necessarily be ideal for another. However, selecting a highly qualified, , and experienced plastic surgeon is essential for all patients. Not only are these qualities important for achieving beautiful, natural-looking results, but they also help to minimize the risk of perioperative and postoperative complications. When interviewing plastic surgeons for your cosmetic surgery in Northern Virginia, be sure to consider the following:
- Education and training: Most of the top plastic surgeons in the nation will have attended acclaimed, highly recognizable institutions for undergrad, medical school, and residency.
- Skill and experience: Be sure that a potential surgeon is well-versed in the procedure you desire, and don’t hesitate to ask how many of those specific cases he or she has performed. Browsing before-and-after photo galleries is also a fantastic way to familiarize yourself with the surgeon’s style and imagine what results may be possible on your own body.
- Patient testimonials: Reading reviews from previous patients can provide a glimpse into the full experience offered by each surgeon, including what to expect before, during, and after surgery.
- Bedside manner: For some patients, safety and results are all that matter. However, many men and women want a surgeon with whom they feel at ease, both in the office and the operating room.
- Convenience: Traveling for cosmetic surgery is more common than many people realize and can certainly be worth it in some cases. However, it is also important to remember that you’ll likely need to attend several follow-up appointments and may potentially need to return to your surgeon at a later time in the event of a complication.
- Certifications (including being a plastic surgeon): Finally, it is essential that patients choose a plastic surgeon. This important certification means the surgeon is more qualified and has received additional training in their particular field of expertise compared with those who are not board certified.
Get the confidence and peace of mind you deserve by choosing a plastic surgeon in Northern Virginia
When performed properly by a qualified and skilled surgeon, plastic surgery can truly be life-changing. If you are considering a cosmetic procedure to enhance your face, sculpt your body, or simply turn back the clock, the internationally recognized team of plastic surgeons at Austin-Weston, The Center for Cosmetic Surgery can help. Call our convenient Reston, VA location to schedule your private consultation or virtual appointment today, and take the first step toward making all of your aesthetic dreams come true!