Male Abdominal Surgery
Our skilled cosmetic surgery team and board-certified plastic surgeons are adept at identifying and helping you find a solution for each trouble spot on your body that keeps you from feeling your absolute best – be it your stomach, chest or “love handles”.
There are nearly as many ways to sculpt men’s bodies as there are body parts. Areas on your body can be treated with liposuction and other body contouring procedures for men include, but are not limited to:
- Back, abdomen, hips and side flanks
- Upper and/or lower legs
- Knees, calves, ankles
- Thighs and buttocks
- Chest and arms
Benefits experienced by male clients of The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery who have had liposuction for men, a tummy tuck for men and/or some other combination of body contouring procedures include these and many others:
- Clothes and body parts no longer chafe or rub together
- Participating in exercise or other activities is more fun
- Low body confidence is no longer a problem
- Love handles and spare tires are gone
- Clothes fit more comfortably, overall
- Clothes shopping becomes easier
- Self esteem and pride increase
The only way to know if these simple yet highly effective options are right for you is in consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons – whose knowledge and experience can quickly guide you through the liposuction and body sculpting process.
During your meeting with a board-certified plastic surgeon at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery, be sure to ask to see before and after photos of male liposuction and tummy tuck candidates. The results they achieved with our help are unbelievable!
Also, remember to ask about computer imaging services which help us show you:
- What your body will look like after liposuction
- What your body will look like after a tummy tuck
- What your body will look like after gynecomastia surgery (breast reduction)
- Or, if you prefer, what your body will look like after a head-to-toe men’s body contouring makeover at Austin-Weston.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM BODY CONTOURING SURGERY?
Our staff can explain your body contouring options for men in great detail. But, while you’re still engaged in the process of deciding which procedure(s) may be right for you, you should know the following.
In order for men to be considered good candidates for liposuction, tummy tuck and other body contouring procedures, criteria such as the following will be evaluated:
- Reasons for pursuing cosmetic surgery
- Skin elasticity and physical condition
- Overall health and medical history
- Relationship to diet and exercise
- Current weight and goal weight
- Desired emotional outcomes
Desired physical outcomes our male patients commonly request the following body contouring procedures, which are discussed in greater detail below:
- Men’s tummy tuck and/or liposuction of the abdomen
- Male breast reduction to address gynecomastia
- Men’s liposuction of the hips, thighs, etc.
- None of these procedures is a weight loss tool. Therefore, our caring, board-certified plastic surgeons encourage male body contouring patients to get within 10-15% of their goal weight prior to surgery.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING BODY CONTOURING SURGERY?
Liposuction: Liposuction has come a long way and so have the body contouring options available to men. You can choose “traditional” liposuction or laser-assisted liposuction (ex: VASER® Lipo). Either way, a thin hollow tube is inserted below the skin in the treatment area.
Our plastic surgeons then use that tube, or canula, to extract fat from the body. After liposuction, many men report mild to moderate soreness, swelling and bruising. While change will be instantly noticeable, the full effect won’t be visible until swelling subsides.
Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck, when performed alongside companion procedures, can offer the kinds of results which make people you’ve known for years do a double take. The effects can be that dramatic. If a lean waist and stomach is what you’re after, ask about a tummy tuck.
Tummy tucks for men help rid you of love handles, spare tires, etc. The size of the area being treated determines whether your cosmetic plastic surgeon performs a mini or a full tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck is often more beneficial for patients who’ve lost a great deal of weight.
Additional procedures, such as liposuction, can enhance the results you get from a tummy tuck – and The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery team is capable of expertly addressing all of your body contouring needs.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECOVER FROM BODY CONTOURING SURGERY?
Recovery from liposuction surgery takes about 1 to 2 weeks. Recovery from tummy tuck surgery takes about 4 to 6 weeks.
Though the benefits of body contouring and body sculpting can vary by procedure and from individual to individual, you can help ensure your own best possible results by taking pre-operative preparation and post-operative recovery seriously.
HOW MUCH DOES BODY CONTOURING SURGERY COST?
The cost of liposuction surgery in Reston, VA, at Austin-Weston is around $5,600 – $26,050. The price includes the cost of surgeon fees, anesthesia fees, OR fees, postop garments and all post-op appointments.