KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved nonsurgical treatment that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness.
- Is a nonsurgical, 15 to 20-minute in-office treatment session
- Is customized to help you achieve your treatment goals
- Destroys fat cells when injected into the fat beneath your chin. Once the aesthetic goal is achieved, re-treatment is not expected
- KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection, also known as ATX-101, is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA® is indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults. The safe and effective use of KYBELLA® for the treatment of subcutaneous fat outside the submental region has not been established and is not recommended.
WHAT IS SUBMENTAL FULLNESS?
- Submental fullness due to submental fat, sometimes referred to as ”double chin,” is a common, yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition. It can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearancei – leading to an older and heavier look.
- Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults, and is not limited to people who are overweight. This condition can impact men or women of average weight and can be caused by aging, genetics and weight gain. It is often resistant to diet and exercise alone.
- According to a 2014 survey by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), over 2/3 of consumers are bothered by submental fullness – nearly as many as those bothered by lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
HOW DOES KYBELLA® WORK?
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
HOW IS KYBELLA® ADMINISTERED?
- KYBELLA® is administered by injections into the fat under the chin.
- Each in-office treatment session is typically 15-20 minutes.
- Treatment with KYBELLA® is customized by the physician to the patient’s aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS WITH KYBELLA®?
- The safety profile of KYBELLA® is well characterized. Side effects may include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness or formation of small areas of rmness. Adverse events with KYBELLA® infrequently resulted in discontinuation from study (1.6% of participants). Care must be taken when injecting KYBELLA® to avoid the risk of marginal mandibular nerve injury and dysphagia.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION ABOUT KYBELLA®
You should not receive KYBELLA® if you have an infection in the treatment area.
It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area.
KYBELLA® is not approved for use in children less than 18 years of age.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RECOVER FROM A KYBELLA® TREATMENT?
Recovery from a Kybella® treatment takes around 4-5 days.
HOW MUCH DOES KYBELLA COST?
The cost of Kybella® in Reston, VA, at Austin-Weston is $1,900 for two treatments and $800 per additional treatments.