SculpSure Non-invasive Fat Removal: The Risks
Non-surgical fat removal techniques include CoolSculpting and SculpSure. Both methods are equally effective, with the ability to remove 24 percent of fat in the treatment area. However, SculpSure is known to be less painful during the procedure with less bruising from which to recover afterward. Body contouring using the SculpSure laser technique is best for people who exercise, eat well yet still have small areas of stubborn fat. It is not recommended as a weight loss technique, rather, SculpSure contours fit bodies for a leaner look. It is also an effective treatment to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Scarring, Bleeding & Infection
Unlike liposuction and other surgical procedures, there is no risk of scarring, bleeding or infection with the SculpSure technique. And no anesthesia is required.
While not a risk to your health, having unrealistic expectations can lead to disappointment and dissatisfaction with your body contouring results. Remember, this is procedure removes small amounts of fat and does not tighten the skin. That’s all it can do. If you want to have a more dramatic result, make sure you are clear during your consultation, and your Austin-Weston surgeon may recommend alternative procedures.
What You Can Do
SculpSure provides quick results, starting at six weeks after treatment with optimal results at three months. At least two treatments are recommended, and it’s possible to treat two areas simultaneously (for example, the abdomen and the flanks). After each treatment, avoid strenuous exercise for two days and drink plenty of water. As time passes, you’ll only look better because the laser-treated fat cells will pass through and be eliminated from your system permanently.
From your first consultation to operation through recovery, we will take care of you every step of the way.
- Our surgeons will listen to you and recommend the best procedures based on your desired results and specific anatomy.
- Our certified SculpSure equipment is checked and rechecked by an outside company for optimum performance.
- Our team is certified and experienced in SculpSure application techniques.
- All our surgeons’ offices are on site, meaning they are available to back each other up if questions or a second opinion is needed.
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.