SculpSure Laser Fat Removal: An Alternative to Surgery?
SculpSure offers the latest advance in non-surgical lipolysis (non-invasive fat removal). It is safe for all skin types, and since it does not require incisions, patients do not have to worry about skin scarring. In a single session, up to four areas can be treated to reduce the appearance of fat. During the procedure, the SculpSure hand piece is held in place over the stubborn fat using a belt system. The procedure takes about 25 minutes to perform and does not require any anesthesia.
The targeted areas are taken through a cycle of heating and cooling, killing the fat cells under the skin. Once these cells die, it takes about 6 weeks for the body to naturally process the unwanted fat. Patients should have at least 2 treatments, 6 weeks apart to have an optimal result and a slimmer and tighter contour.
It's important to understand that SculpSure is 20-25% as effective as liposuction surgery, so results are best on slender, toned bodies with small deposits of unwanted fat—like on the abdomen, triceps area, flanks and hips.
Quiz: Is SculpSure for You?
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you are a potential candidate for SculpSure,
- I’m under 45. Starting in the mid-40s, skin’s elasticity lessens, resulting in sagging skin on the body and face, including the belly, triceps and bra line on the back. Older patients are not a good candidate for SculpSure.
- I am fit and toned, but no matter how hard I work out, my belly (hips, etc.) just won’t get flat. SculpSure non-surgical laser fat removal uses an applicator that heats up then cools down fat cells, killing them. Over time, the cells are flushed naturally from the body’s system. The more heat you can withstand and more treatments you have, the better the results.
- I want to remove my extra fat but don’t like the idea of elective surgery and don’t want scarring. No incision, no anesthesia and no down time is required for SculpSure treatments. The procedure only takes about 25 minutes and the patient can get on about their day. Rigorous exercise should be avoided for one or two days.
- I only have a little fat to get rid of to achieve the toned contour I want. SculpSure is perfect for patients who have small fat deposits they want to remove for a great beach body.
If you answered no to these questions, you may want to consider liposuction, which is more effective on larger fat deposits and, when combined with skin-tightening techniques like a tummy tuck, has dramatic results. You and your doctor will work together during consultation to choose which procedures are best fitted for you and create a customized treatment plan. At Austin-Weston, The Center for Cosmetic Surgery, we consider every aspect of your anatomy, desired look, and lifestyle, guiding you through the decision-making process every step of the way to achieve the results you desire.
If you live in the Northern Virginia or Washington DC area and are ready to reclaim your confidence, contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation at (703) 893-6168 or submit a form online to request an appointment.
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.