Plastic Surgery Residency:
July 1, 1992 - June 30,1994
University of Pennsylvania
10 Penn Tower
34th and Civic Center Blvd
Phila., PA 19104
Internship and General Surgery Residency:
Harbor/UCLA Medical Center
1000 W. Carson St.
Torrance, CA 90509
Post-Graduate: NIH research fellow, Univ. of Pennsylvania: 1987-89
Graduate: Jefferson Medical College: 1981-1985
Undergraduate: Harvard College: 1977-1981
- Sigal, RK. Poindexter, BD, Austin, HW and Weston, GW. "Lip Recontouring" in the Art of Aesthetic Surgery. 2005
- Weston G, Sigal RK, and Poindexter BD. "Surgical Treatment of the Aged Mouth" Seminars in Plastic Surgery. 2003
- Sigal RK, Weston G, Poindexter BD and Austin HW. "Rejuvenating the Aged Face" Perspectives in Plastic Surgery. 2000
- Sigal RK, Naama H, Altman H, Noone RB, and Daly JM. The immunology of silicone in a murine model. Surg. Forum. 44: 681-3. 1993.
- Sigal RK, Shou J, and Daly JM. Parenteral arginine infusion in humans: Nutrient substrate or pharmacologic agent? JPEN 16(5): 423-428. 1992.
- Sigal RK, and Daly JM. The use of enteral nutrition in the cancer patient. In Enteral and Tube Feeding. 2nd ed. Rombeau J (ed.) W.B. Saunders. Phila PA. 1990.
- Sigal RK, Reynolds JV, Lieberman ML, Williams N, Ziegler MM, Daly JM. Tumor Immunization: Improved results after recombinant gamma interferon modification. Arch. Surg. 125(3): 308-12. 1990.
- Luketich J, Rigberg D, Banchs R, Shinkwin M, Sigal R, Daly J, Mullen J. Components of energy expenditure in tumor-bearing animals. J. Surg. Res. 48:573-8. 1990.
- Reynolds JV, Daly JM, Shou J, Sigal RK, Ziegler MM, Naji A. Immunologic effects of arginine supplementation in tumor-bearing and non-tumor bearing hosts. Ann. of Surg. 211(2): 202-210. 1990.
- Daly JM, Reynolds JV, Sigal RK, Shou J, Lieberman M. Effect of dietary protein and amino acids in immune function. Crit. Care Med. 18(2 supp): 86-93. 1990.
- Lieberman MD, Shou J, Torres AS, Weintraub F, Goldfine J, Sigal RK, Daly JM. Effects of nutrient substrates on immune function. Nutrition. 6(1): 88-92. 1990.
- Sigal RK, Lieberman MD, Reynolds JV, Shou J, Ziegler MM, Daly JM. Low dose interferon renders neuroblastoma more susceptible to interleukin-2 immunotherapy. J. Ped. Surg. 26(4): 389-95. 1991.
- Lieberman MD, Sigal RK, Birch G, Shou J, Daly JM. Nutrient substrate potentiation of interleukin 2 (IL-2) immunotherapy. Surg. Forum. 1990.
- Lieberman MD, Sigal RK, Perusia B, Daly JM. Natural killer cell stimulating factor (NKSF) augments natural killer cell (NK) and antibody dependent tumoricidal response (ADCC) in vitro against colon cancer. J. Surg. Res. 50(4): 410-5. 1991.
- Sigal RK, Lieberman M, Reynolds JV, Shou J, Daly JM. Helper T-cell depletion augments cytotoxicity to neuroblastoma. Surg. Forum. 40:550-52. 1989.
- Reynolds JV, Shou J, Choi H, Sigal RK, Ziegler MM, Daly JM. The influence of natural killer cells in neuroblastoma. Arch. Surg. 124(2): 235-39. 1989.
- Lieberman MD, Shou J, Sigal RK, Yu J, Goldfine J, and Daly JM. Transfusion induced immunosuppression results in diminished host survival in a murine neuroblastoma model. J. Surg. Res. 48(5): 498-503. 1990.
- Reynolds JV, Shou J, Sigal RK, Ziegler M, and Daly JM. The influence of protein malnutrition on T cell, natural killer cell, and lymphokine-activated killer cell funciton, and on biological responsiveness to high-dose interleukin-2. Cellular Immunol. 128(2): 569-77. 1990.
- Shou J, Reynolds J, Sigal RK, and Daly JM. Growth hormone: Immune and metabolic effects in tumor-bearing mice. J. Surg. Res. 1989.
- Daly JM, Lieberman MD, Shou J, Torres AS, Goldfine J, Smithgall J, Sigal RK. Metabolic and immune effects of postoperative feeding in the surgical patient. Surg. Gynec. & Obstet. 1989.
- Daly JM, Reynolds JV, Sigal RK, Shou J, Lieberman ML. Effect of dietary protein and amino acids on immune function. Crit. Care Med. 18(2 Suppl): 586-93. 1990.
- Reynolds JV, Evantash E, Sigal R, Daly J. Immunologic and endocrinologic effects of major abdominal operations. Br. J. Surg. 1989.
- Reynolds JV, Shou J, Ziegler MM, Sigal RK, Evantash E, Daly JM. The influence of supplemental arginine on immune function and metabolism in steroid-treated rats. Surgery. 1989.
- Sigal RK, Reynolds JV, Markmann JF, Shou J, Evantash E, Ziegler M, Naji A, Daly JM. Upregulation of MHC class I: Effect on growth and LAK sensitivity of neuroblastoma. Surgical Forum. 39: 572-75. 1988.
- Reynolds JV, Sigal RK, Ziegler MM, Daly, JM. Immunomodulatory mechanisms of Arginine. Surgery. 104(2): 142-151. 1988.
- Reynolds JV, Sigal RK, Margolis P, Ziegler M, Daly JM. Influence of protein restriction on natural killer cell activity. JPEN. 12(1). 13S. 1988.
- Williams SK and Sigal RK. Preferential transport of non-enzymatically glucosylated ferritin across the kidney glomerulus. Kidney International. 28: 146-152. 1985.
- Williams SK and Sigal RK. Increased permeability of the glomerular basement membrane to non-enzymatically glucosylated ferritin. Microvasc. Res. 27: 261. 1984.
PRESENTATIONS... (without publication)
- Minimally invasive plastic surgery. Univ. of New Mexico. Albuquerque NM. June, 1993.
- Silicone breast implants: The current controversy. Univ. of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia PA. May, 1993.
- Utsugi R, Sigal RK, and Whitaker LA. Using computer graphics technology as a consultation aid for patients who want a specific appearance. American Aesthetic Society. 1994.
- Sigal RK, Naama H, Daly JM, and Noone RB. Silicone retards murine tumor growth. Plastic Surgery Research Council. 1994.
- Sigal RK, Naama H, Daly JM, and Noone RB. Silicone increases murine macrophage cytotoxicity. American Association of Plastic Surgeons. 1994.
- Sigal RK, Naama H, Altman H, Daly JM, and Noone RB. Silicone increases murine macrophage cytotoxicity and retards tumor growth. Ivy Society. 1994.
- Sigal RK, Naama H, Altman H, Daly JM, Noone RB. The immunology of silicone in a murine model. Ivy Society. 1993.
- Sigal RK, Shou J, Goldfine J, Torres AS, Lieberman MD, Daly JM. Parenteral arginine infusion in man: Nutrient substrate or pharmalologic agent. ESPEN. 1990.
- Lieberman MD, Sigal RK, Evantash E, Daly JM. L-Arginine potentiates lymphokine-activated killer cell (LAK) cytotoxicity. FASEB. 1990.
- Daly JM, Evantash EE, Reynolds JR, and Sigal RK. Immune stimulation using arginine: correlation of in vivo and in vitro effects in man. Phila. Acad. of Surg.1988.
- Sigal RK, Williams, RA, and Wilson SE. Patterns characterizing traumatic pancreatitis. American College of Surgeons (So. Cal.) 1987.
Basic Science Award (Plastic Surgery), Robert H. Ivy Society (1994)
Basic Science Award (Plastic Surgery), Robert H. Ivy Society (1993)
NIH Cancer and Nutrition Fellowship (1987-1989)
The Clinical Surgery Prize (1985)
Sigma Xi medical student research award (1984)
magna cum laude, senior honors thesis: Analysis of immunoglobulin heavy chain transcription products: Implication for transcriptional control.
lightweight crew: twice All-Ivy member of 1980 National Champion and Henley Eight
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS: (year affiliated)
- National Capital Society of Plastic Surgeons (Past President)
- Virginia Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (1989)
- New York Academy of Sciences (1989)
- American College of Surgeons Candidates Group (1988)
- The United States Rowing Association (1982)
- Friends of Harvard Rowing (1982)
- The University Barge Club (1981)