Male Abdominal Surgery
Our skilled cosmetic surgery team and board-certified plastic surgeons are adept at identifying and helping you find a solution for each trouble spot on your body that keeps you from feeling your absolute best – be it your stomach, chest or “love handles”.
Men’s Body Contouring Basics
- Back, abdomen, hips and side flanks
- Upper and/or lower legs
- Knees, calves, ankles
- Thighs and buttocks
- Chest and arms
Benefits experienced by male clients of The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery who have had liposuction for men, a tummy tuck for men and/or some other combination of body contouring procedures include these and many others:
- Clothes and body parts no longer chafe or rub together
- Participating in exercise or other activities is more fun
- Low body confidence is no longer a problem
- Love handles and spare tires are gone
- Clothes fit more comfortably, overall
- Clothes shopping becomes easier
- Self esteem and pride increase
The only way to know if these simple yet highly effective options are right for you is in consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons – whose knowledge and experience can quickly guide you through the liposuction and body sculpting process.
During your meeting with a board-certified plastic surgeon at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery, be sure to ask to see before and after photos of male liposuction and tummy tuck candidates. The results they achieved with our help are unbelievable!
Also, remember to ask about computer imaging services which help us show you:
- What your body will look like after liposuction
- What your body will look like after a tummy tuck
- What your body will look like after gynecomastia surgery (breast reduction)
- Or, if you prefer, what your body will look like after a head-to-toe men’s body contouring makeover at Austin-Weston.
Men’s Body Contouring Procedures
- Reasons for pursuing cosmetic surgery
- Skin elasticity and physical condition
- Overall health and medical history
- Relationship to diet and exercise
- Current weight and goal weight
- Desired emotional outcomes
- Desired physical outcomes The Austin-Weston Center’s male patients commonly request the following body contouring procedures, which are discussed in greater detail below:
- Men’s tummy tuck and/or liposuction of the abdomen
- Male breast reduction to address gynecomastia
- Men’s liposuction of the hips, thighs, etc. None of these procedures is a weight loss tool. Therefore, the caring, board-certified plastic surgeons at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery encourage male body contouring patients to get within 10-15% of their goal weight prior to surgery.
Our plastic surgeons then use that tube, or canula, to extract fat from the body. After liposuction, many men report mild to moderate soreness, swelling and bruising. While change will be instantly noticeable, the full effect won’t be visible until swelling subsides.
Tummy tucks for men help rid you of love handles, spare tires, etc. The size of the area being treated determines whether your cosmetic plastic surgeon performs a mini or a full tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck is often more beneficial for patients who’ve lost a great deal of weight.
Additional procedures, such as liposuction, can enhance the results you get from a tummy tuck – and The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery team is capable of expertly addressing all of your body contouring needs.
Recovering from Men’s Body Contouring Surgeries
In general, Austin-Weston tells patients to approach men’s body contouring recovery as follows:
- Pre-arrange a ride home
- Plan to rest/relax for 7-10 days
- Keep the # of our practice handy
- Establish a post-op recovery area
- Stock it with drinks, books, snacks, etc.
- Pre-fill related pain medicine prescriptions
- Pre-schedule and be sure to attend follow-up visits
- Pre-arrange overnight and perhaps a few extra days’ care
You will most likely need to avoid strenuous exercise and activity for several weeks. Upon subsequent visits to our practice for follow up, we will gauge how well your body is healing. We will also change dressings and/or remove sutures or stitches, if applicable.