Meet Dr. George Weston - Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon
Dr. George Weston is a board-certified plastic surgeon at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery, serving Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC.
Dr. Weston is innovative, versatile, highly visual, and committed to helping his patients reach their appearance goals. Dr. Weston says, “Cosmetic surgery is the happy specialty because it frees people of their concerns about their outward appearance, leaving them time to live life to the fullest.”
(LEFT) Dr. George Weston & Family (RIGHT) “My sister recently found this piece of original artwork drawn by me in the 1st grade, lovingly preserved by my mother for over 50 years in a box under my childhood bed. It must be a Thanksgiving theme with the teepee, fire ( or is it a pumpkin? ) rabbits, drums, turkey, tree, and headdress. Notice how legible the signature is. My signature became illegible following the course in medical school on how to write so no one can read it. Please ignore the brown crayon outside the lines of the teepee. My coloring technique has improved over the past 50 something years.”
Distinctions Between Dr. Weston And Other Plastic Surgeons
- Only 10% of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons specialize exclusively in Cosmetic Surgery. The other 90% perform reconstructive surgery and some cosmetic surgery. Dr. Weston has performed cosmetic surgery exclusively for 23 years.
- When compared to the Plastic Surgeons who specialize in cosmetic surgery, Dr. Weston performs more than three times as many cosmetic surgery procedures as they do. For 2009, Dr. Weston performed 630 procedures compared to 184 for other plastic surgeons. (Statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, based on number of facelifts, eyelid lifts, abdominoplasties, liposuctions, breast augmentations and rhinoplasties performed per year.) It is well-known that the more procedures a surgeon performs the better their results will be.
- Dr. Weston was invited for 15 consecutive years to teach the Austin-Weston Center surgical techniques to other Plastic Surgeons at the National Meeting for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Only 2% of Plastic Surgeons are invited to be instructors at this prestigious meeting. Dr. Weston was also invited to perform live surgery for International Plastic Surgeons in Barcelona, Spain.
- The Austin-Weston Center is atypical in that we have three specialized Plastic Surgeons operating simultaneously in our private surgical wing. This allows Drs. Weston, Sigal, and Poindexter to consult with each other easily regarding their patients, sometimes even during surgery. Our patients have instant access to their 50 years of combined cosmetic surgery experience. This instant access to three surgeons, rather than one surgeon, is very valuable to our patients, and is optimal for our doctors as well. We believe this makes the Austin-Weston Center a wiser, safer place to have your cosmetic surgery.
- Only 45% of all Plastic Surgeons are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support. (Statistics from the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.) Not only are Drs. Weston, Sigal, and Poindexter certified, but all of our nurses are also. We strive to provide the safest environment possible for your cosmetic surgery.
- Drs. Weston, Sigal, and Poindexter have published their surgical techniques in major plastic surgery journals and textbooks, including Perspectives in Plastic Surgery; The Aesthetic Surgery Journal; Seminars in Plastic Surgery; and the upcoming Aesthetic Head & Neck Plastic Surgery Atlas, Chapter 31: “Perioral Rejuvenation – Lip Lift, Corner Mouth Lift, and Direct Excision of Nasolabial /Marionette Looseness.” Please let us know if you would like a copy of our latest publication.
- The Austin-Weston Center has more than 30 employees who take exceptional care of patients. Over 90% of our staff has had cosmetic surgery by us. Over a dozen of our staff were our patients first before becoming our employees. This speaks to how much they trust and believe in our specialized surgeons.
- The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery was the first free-standing cosmetic surgery center in the Washington, D.C. area. Currently we have five operating suites and are certified by AAAHC, The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. We believe this special certification makes our center superior to other facilities operating without this accreditation.
In addition to his busy practice, Dr. Weston has been called upon to instruct other plastic surgeons at the annual meetings of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
In 1998, he was invited to perform a live surgical demonstration at an international forum in Barcelona, Spain. His innovative procedures have been included in numerous cosmetic surgery medical journals, and textbooks. Dr. Weston earned his medical degree at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. He trained in Plastic Surgery at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C. and completed fellowships in cosmetic surgery at the University of Alabama, Birmingham, and the Charlotte Plastic Surgery Center in Charlotte, N.C.
Dr. George Weston’s surgical practice, serving Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC, has focused exclusively on cosmetic surgery of the body and face for over 20 years. Only 10% of board-certified plastic surgeons perform cosmetic surgery exclusively (as opposed to reconstructive plastic surgery). As president of the Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery in Reston, VA, his goal is to produce extraordinary results for every plastic surgery patient in a safe, supportive setting that provides both exceptional surgical expertise and exceptional care.
Dr. Weston is married to Kristin, with whom he has with two sons and a daughter. Dr. Weston is an avid birdwatcher and enjoys golfing, skiing, and watching University of Alabama Crimson Tide football games with the family’s golden retriever Cuda, who often makes guest appearances on The Austin-Weston Center’s Facebook page.