Maryland Face Lift
Our office is located near the Maryland border in Reston, Virginia.
If you want to reverse the signs of aging, ask the experts at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery about facelift surgery in the Maryland area.
No one looks into the mirror expecting to see wrinkles, laugh lines or frown lines. You feel young and vibrant. You’re entitled to look that way, too. For Maryland clients of our practice, face lift surgery helps turn back the hands of time.
Contact the Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery today for a facelift consultation (offered at no cost to you) so that you can stop time and reverse the impact wrinkles and fine lines are having on your life.
Maryland - Facelift Overview
With age, your face will begin to change. Lifestyle stressors, sun, wind and gravity may have already transformed the way you see yourself – and the way others see you, too. Some of the Maryland patients who have been treated at our facility say face lift, also known as a rhytidectomy, as even changed their outlook on life.
Tell-tale signs of aging – even premature aging – that the board certified plastic surgeons in our practice can correct with facelift surgery include:
- Sagging or loose skin along your neck or jaw line
- Sagging or loose skin on other areas of your face
- Fatty deposits, loose muscles and/or loose skin
- Wrinkles around your eyes, nose and mouth
There are times when our Maryland based face lift clients require a mini lift, a full facelift and/or additional surgeries to compliment those procedures (ex: eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty and a forehead or brow lift). The best option(s) for you will be decided in your complimentary, 1-on-1 consultation.
Generally, at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery, Maryland facelift surgery involves:
- Removing excess fat from the face
- Tightening muscles which support the face
- Removing excess skin and re-smoothing what remains
You can prepare for face lift surgery to help speed healing, reduce your discomfort and ensure that you get the best results. Preparation steps include:
- Ensuring that you have a comfortable place to rest with your head elevated
- Stocking up on ice packs, gauze, bandages, pillows and blankets
- Laying out zippered or button-up clothing that will slip on easily
- Filling prescriptions and buying doctor-recommended balms
- Having reading materials, drinks and snacks on hand
Ask our team at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery for face lift tips prior to surgery, such as which cosmetics may best help conceal related bruises and whether there are other products you can purchase, in advance, to keep swelling to a minimum.
Your skin’s own elasticity, general health and lifestyle factors will determine your recovery time and we’ll discuss that in greater detail in a moment. But, you should know ahead of time that a minimum 2-week break from work and other activities is often recommended. Make plans early to avoid unexpected conflicts in scheduling.
Additionally, we advise that Maryland patients of our practice who receive facelift surgery plan ahead and make time for follow-up visits in advance. These visits are truly important and help you better manage the surgical, healing and recovery processes.
Maryland - Risks, Benefits and Recovery
Immediately after leaving The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery, our Maryland face lift patients are sometimes surprised by their appearance. After all, the first thing most of us see – and look for – in any mirror is our own face.
Bruising and swelling are normal and should be expected, but they are also temporary. The only effects of facelift surgery we want you to be concerned with are the beautiful, long-lasting results you will get once your face has properly healed.
That does not mean that our staff ignores your facelift risks. In fact, every surgical procedure poses risks. A facelift also offers many benefits and requires adequate recovery. Some risks, benefits and recovery are briefly outlined here. Contact our office for additional information.
Maryland - Risks
Side effects and risks associated with face lift surgery in Maryland may include, but not be limited to:
- Temporary numbness
- Risk for infection at incisions
- Temporary bruising and/or swelling
- Side effects of anesthesia or medication
- Discomfort which worsens with movement or activity
You may also temporarily feel self-conscious or “homebound” as you adjust to initial bruising and swelling. There is no reason to be alarmed. Within a couple of weeks, the majority of any bruising, swelling and/or puffiness you experience will have subsided.
Maryland - Benefits
The benefits of having our practice perform facelift surgery for Maryland patients include:
- Facial muscles that are more taut
- A face free of wrinkles and fine lines
- A more striking brow, jaw and neckline
- A profile that’s more toned and youthful
- A face that’s smoother and free of unwanted fat
To learn how you can get even more great benefits by letting The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery address your face lift needs, contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation!
Maryland - Recovery
After you recover from sedation and your condition is stable, you will be allowed to return home. Pre-arrange a ride from a friend or family member who is able to spend your first night home and the following day with you. Once you’re settled in, do your part to heal fully and appropriately.
Make the recovery process quicker and less painful by:
- Resting, relaxing and taking it easy
- Avoiding hot baths and showers
- Being careful around incisions
- Maintaining follow-up visits
- Brushing your hair gently
Contact our office after facelift surgery if any of the following occur:
- Swelling gets worse and/or is sudden
- Pain and/or discomfort are severe and/or persist
- Milky or pus-colored discharge appears at incision points
- You react poorly to anesthesia or medication or develop a 101+ deg. fever
…or, you experience side effects or conditions our staff has discussed with you.
Facelift surgery should make you feel better about your appearance. To get the best results possible contact The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery of Maryland and schedule your face lift consultation today!